Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Take a look, it's in a book

This weekend I went to a renaissance fair in Cambridge. My only previous experience with ren fairs was watching one on Reading Rainbow. It turned out to be much cooler than I imagined. I got to practice knife and axe throwing, watch a real joust, check out some melees, give suggestions to the king while he told an improv story, see a trebuchet in action, and eat a blue raspberry slushie and giant turkey leg as big as my forearm (both of course very medieval). All in all, pretty awesome. But don't take my word for it:






More pictures and videos are here.

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

It took me forever to figure out the picture thing but all you have to do is upload them using the Blogger picture uploader. It's one of the buttons at the top of the page when you're composing a post. It shrinks the photos down (you can change the size) with a link to the full photo.

Laurie Stark said...

I thought you might get a kick out of this.